Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Unrest

Today the news is "Baby Doc" a former ruler is back in Haiti after 25 years. While they arrested him the court system might not be strong enough to try him. Kirk Day, the team leader is under the weather and Angie led the meeting. We met with Jan last night to get more information about the trip and set a schedule. Sounds like we will be busy and I can't wait to get started.


I am looking forward to meeting the 12 orphans and know my heart will be melted. Our focus is going to be taking travel size hygiene items in for the adults and the items I listed earlier. Bracelets in any color like the ones you can order in bulk are great too! The items need to be brought to the First Baptist Church or you can contact me for pickup. I will be helping take in frozen sugar cookie dough to share with the Haitian families at night that we will meet and share dinner with.


Thanks to Dick Albright for providing 20 necklaces with three crosses wood burned on them, they are beautiful. I appreciate everything that has been given and rejoice with the Lord that he has called me at a time such as this.

In Mark 10:17-19 Jesus speaks to the young rich man. The man called Him "Good Teacher." Jesus said in verse 18, "Why do you call me good? No one is good except for God alone."

God is so great and I am so glad to have a Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment