Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jan and Pastor Jean

It was great to see Jan and Pastor Jean and hear more about the Christopher's Hope Ministry. The Kids' Club has grown so much they had to bring in additional benches to accommodate the kids that come. The Men and Women's ministry in the jail is harder to minister because the guards are not Christians themselves and to hear the frustration and the perseverance in Jan's stories was so beautiful and showed the Lord is indeed working in the lives of many there. The water ministry and the sacrifices so many have made is incredible and I can't wait to share my testimony to let them know what a great God I serve.

I long to serve him more each day and be a beacon to those in need. I love Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. The words are set to music and I hope that I can have a chance to sing it with the people of Gonaives. I am working on preparing the song by Point of Grace, The House that Mercy Built to offer when I present the pictures and experiences from the trip. So many good songs! I listen to K-Love which is a positive Christian station at 99.1 FM. I have listened to this station for the last 4 years and it great.

I am in prayer about what the Lord has in store for me. I know he provides and setting up my new house and learning about thermostats, roller shades, car batteries, budgets and everyday things you take for granted has been challenging. I'm looking forward to learning more about filing your taxes.

Deanna and Les are coming for lunch and they have been such a blessing to me. Last night Savanna my niece went to the Winter Formal Dance with her boyfriend Logan. Those were such special times when my kids would all meet with their friends and go together. The crazy things that the boys did and the beautiful girls with their hair and nails. The cat hair clinging to the black outfits was always part of the event and using the lent roller. What a hoot!

Please keep Luke Bryan in your prayers. He hung with A.J. and is now serving in Kuwait. A.J.'s unit as it stands now, will deploy in October so please pray for all the military families.

No comments:

Post a Comment