Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tools for Living and Life





In Roman 12:14, Pauls says, "Bless those that persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited."


So I bought my first tools yesterday. The screwdriver is cool and will come in very handy. I'm headed to Kate's next week and so the tape will come in handy. Last week I had to fix the bathtub knobs. I'm getting pretty handy!

If it's one thing I've learned in the last 6 months, it's to embrace those who need a help up. I'm great at asking for help and I'm sure when I get back from Haiti, I will feel even more humble. I have a giving heart! All the possessions in the world and the toys we have 0n earth won't compare to the Kingdom of God. I've cleaned out my stamps to give away and clothes. I've already accepted two speaking engagements, the Life Enrichment members probably won't want to travel to Haiti on vacation. They are also eager to learn about other countries and are so supportive. Uncle Howard and Aunt Barb have asked me to speak to their Class of 1945 group and I will be honored. They to have always been so supportive of me and I love spending time with them. I like to think that I got some of my craftiness from watching Aunt Barb. They are also humble in their giving, and my what hosts they are! Aunt Barb is artistic and crafty and Uncle Howard is a thinker and planner, but he sure knows how to have fun. When I get back I can't wait to talk about what the Lord is teaching me through His love.


I am so blessed to update my thermometer. The generous hearts of others to send me out in the name of the Lord are so wonderful. Thanks to Les and Deanna for the meat and to all those that I am still finding put that have contributed. Thanks also for the KitchenAid Mixer for making the sugar cookie dough, it is a great machine!


Please be in prayer for the the family of the train accident that killed a mother and daughter, this family will need the Lord to keep His hand of comfort around them and strength to go on. Every time I hear emergency sirens, which is quite often where I live, I say a little prayer that God will be with those who help the patients and their families and keep them safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment