Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Cost of Following Him

In Matthew 8:20, Jesus was teaching about what it takes to follow him. One of the disciples told him he would follow him wherever he would go. Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." I am striving to be like Christ and build relationships here on earth that will further his Kingdom. So many have come along side of me and support me in my walk even though they are afraid that I will decide to follow the Lord into full time ministry. These are the faithful that know a life without the Lord is no life at all. We should give all we have to figure out how to walk and not judge others in a world that is cold and seems to forget the struggling.

My prayer today is that we can all follow him more closely and do his will. The first step I am taking is to attend the First Baptist Church and learn as much as I can. Barbara Day will be teaching a Bible study on Ruth and this will be a great time to study.

I can't continue to let others stumble because of me so this positive step is something that I need to do to get through the trials in my life. God provides and gives us what we want not what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment