Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hurricane Danger

I received this word from Jan Thompson yesterday that said:
"A hurricane is supposed to hit us Friday and then even harder on Saturday.  We are to get high winds and lots of rain.  We are praying that it goes a different direction because we drove by the tent cities yesterday and there is no protection at all--no trees, no buildings, nothing.  I am dreading going through what they say may hit us in a cement house with a cement roof.  Can't imagine going through it in a tent!!  We are preparing for the worst but hoping for the best!!"  I'm wondering what my new mission will be when we go down in March.  God has big plans for me!  
An Update on where we are on plans:
I have received most of my shots and are working on getting the rest.  The Mission Board at the Baptist Church is making the final decisions about our trip.  Enlight of the current situation, I'm not sure how this will play out.  
We are tentatively looking at Spring Break which will be great for my scheduling since I only work 3 days that week.  
Be in prayer that all are safe for the Hurricane coming to the area on Friday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment