Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Seeking the Lord Everyday

In Zephaniah 2:1-3, it says, "Gather together, gather together, O shameful nation, before the appointed time arrives and that day sweeps on like chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord comes upon you, before the day of the Lord's wrath comes upon you. Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what He commands. Seek righteous, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

In thinking about this verse, it is truly a blessing to me to know that all I have to do is seek Him and be humble and He will guide my path.

I am reminded of a time in my life when I worked at the Cerebral Palsy Ranch and how rewarding it was. I love serving others (this was right before I told my Mom that I wanted to be a nun.) It was such a blessing for me to be able to put someone in a wheel chair or walk with them along side a horse. That's what God does for us everyday! He walks along side of us and helps us be compassionate for those that need compassion or help along the way, to encourage and love unconditionally.

Pray without ceasing that my service to others in Haiti will be for the glory of God!

And for those of you who need some humor in your lives , you'll be happy to know that I didn't burn the house down, I just replaced the workout music with the smoke alarm. Of course, God made me short so I wouldn't have as far to bend down to minister to children and then He made step stools so I wouldn't have to use a folding chair! You should have seen me trying to reach it on the ceiling. I was just sure the neighbors would be over or a firemen show up on my porch. I know it works so praise God for a broiler in the oven, and a battery, the steak was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment