Friday, December 31, 2010

Swimming with the Children

One of the things that we will be doing when on the trip, if there is time, is take the children in Kids' Club swimming.  Now this won't be like swimming in a pool so I am a little nervous but there is a first time for everything!  The house we are staying at has both showers indoors and out but no hot water.  I'm sure at night when I have the opportunity to shower, I will appreciate it!  I will be taking lots of baby wipes and facial wipes for during the day as well as sanitizer.  I am somewhat prepared for what I will see after being in Belize but that was on a cruise and I'm sure we didn't see the worst that was there.  I am praying for the Lord to bless me with the knowledge and guidance to make a difference while I am there.  I am also really excited to share when I get back and hope I can take lots of pictures.  This will be a challenge so I am practicing now.
Here is a picture, (I didn't take) but a great time packing meals for Numana this week with the members from the DeGraff Church.   It was a great time and wonderful to serve the Lord's with others! 
The new year will bring lots of opportunities for me to share my faith and service in many ways and I am looking forward to focusing on learning and serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment