Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First Mission Team Meeting

Tonight I met with some of the members of the team who I will be traveling to Haiti.  There will be 7 of us and we will be going early morning on Feb. 24th to March 4.  Lots of information was given and I will be shopping soon for some items to take.  I will carry most of the items I need in my carry-on and backpack on the plane so we can share the suitcase for ministry needs.  The team will be carrying in all our food and water so we won't have to worry about Cholera while we are there.  Monday I received my Hep A shot and soon will make my last visit to get the rest of my meds to take.  While the team will not begin on the orphanage as the hotel that was in negotiations was in the flood plain and the flood waters are high and so it was not a suitable site.  They are considering ground in the country higher up but nothing has been purchased.  We will be working with a Kids' Club, Women's and Men's bible study and a water distribution day.  Please be in prayer for the trip and our ministry there.  I am still very excited and have learned a very important word tonight- Pa Touche.  It means Don't Touch!  This is very important when we are with the Haitian people because they want everything we have. 

Jan Thompson will be back in El Dorado if all goes as planned, and return to Gonaives before we leave travel in February.  There are 13 orphans they have been helping so I am hoping to get some sizes for clothing so I can pack some in my suitcase. Every evening while we are there we will attend Circle of Hope which is a time to share our experiences from the day and praise God in prayer and song.

I am so thankful to the Foundation Board of the First Christian Church for their donation to help fund this trip.  I am blessed to have an awesome Church family and great support in all I do to serve the Lord!  I will be updating the funding number soon after I get a report. 

Just remember that Luke 1:37 says"For nothing is impossible with God."  This is Jan's family verse and I am in prayer that they may have safe travel back and be refreshed for our visit with them at Christopher's Ministry.

1 comment:

  1. Get that thermometer updated! So glad things are moving right along...

    ReplyDelete